Tuesday, May 22, 2012

The Old & New Song Called The Royal Enfield Bullet

The other day, I was driving a Classic 350 - sort of immediately after being on a Old School Bullet of 1980's. I have not been lucky to get my hands on the real parent of Classic 350, so let me tell you how both the ends meet on my old school bullet and the latest Classic 350.

The Old School Bullet with its CI Engine, is always a charm to drive with its beats. The Royal Enfields have come a long way right from interchanging the gears and brakes from right to left and left to right respectively.  We in India follow left side driving system and on today's traffic I think its better to brake on the right foot and lean on the left foot .  Moreover cars or for that matter any regular vehicles in India have the brakes assigned to the right foot and so, a universal composition of braking by right foot is always a welcome thought.

The CI Engines and the UCE Engines, the former always has a nostalgia. Even today you can hear people buying a CI bull in seconds market and spending a fortune for a make over. If you ask me if it is worth it, I would tell you yes.  The first thing I bought in my life was a very loud music player, even though I could use only to a max of half its sound,  so to me, everything makes sense. There are people who are ready to ride at 80kmph for a few hours and then wait for the CI bull to start again and that gang includes me too, but only with a CI bullet. if my car or any other bike does the same, I cannot tolerate.

The UCE Engines are far quiet, and will give you more power because of its Unit Construction concept. There will be only a negligible power loss on transmission when compared to the CI Engines. These engines are very reliable and one can run on it for hours together on good speed and take rest to one's convenience and not the bull's. Its greener than the CI Engines with its better Fuel Efficiency it writes off an old saying "if you think of a Bullet you should not think of Mileage".... On the beats, say 20 years down the lane my kid would say, The beat of my papa's bullet.....

1 comment:

  1. Royal Enfield carries a rowdy image with itself on the road and looks unique.Its most famous and successful model standard 350cc is the first love of youngsters in hilly areas and north India.If you compare the latest bikes prices,you will get to know that the Bullet 350cc price is lesser than some freaky sports bike.

    ReplyDelete