Friday, April 20, 2012

Booking My Bullet Electra Twinspark

If there was no question on affordability Classic 500 would have been booked on the first day of my visit, so take from me guys, if you want to buy a 350cc Bull never test drive a Classic 500....you will just start expecting more from the 350 cc...

I have to drive my bull regularly in city, so I shortlisted Classic 350 & Bullet Electra Twinspark now I had to make a deep comparision for the final chocie... and also had fixed myself to book a Royal Enfield on 14th April.

Classic 350 is a true Classic Design with all the goodies like 
Powerful Headlight 60/55 W halogen compared to Electra's 35/35 W Halogen
Excellent Maneuverability because of its 18" rear wheel compared to Electra which has 3.25x19" tyres at both wheels
On looks front Classic 350 with its design & single seat scores high

With all these in my mind, you will be surprised to learn that I booked a Bullet Electra Twinspark on April 14th at Classic Motorcycles, Chennai, let me tell you why. I visited the showroom again on the day by evening, saw both the models very carefully and I know me well, if I take a Classic 350, I would surely change its seating, for comfort is something which I wouldn't compromise on and I was not sure how it would fit the cosmetic appeal of Classic 350 moreover I always enjoyed the Machismo Type handlebars, so I might change the handle bars even..... so again the appeal comes to play

Whereas Electra Twinspark with its plain look is always better to accommodate modifications and I don't have any problem with its plain looks, yup I have a problem with its headlight power but have studied that the headlights can be upgraded to better ones. On tyres I would have preferred a bit more wider tyre at the rear say something at least like 3.50 x 19" but have decided that will learn a bit more on tyres and will upgrade, if necessary, anyways both the headlight and tyre upgrade will not give more than minor cosmetic change....Hence Booked a Enfield Electra Twinspark

5 comments:

  1. congrats, me too planning to book electra twinspark UCE soon..any tips?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sanket, I have been using this bike for my everyday city commute since August 2012 and I enjoy it. I never had any problem with the bike. The only thing is the vibration on the handlebar, I'm planning to find some innovative solution for the same, may be next month I will be spending sometime on this aspect and will keep the site posted with the solution.
    One more thing my friend, I would recommend you to go and try out all the models since I feel the height and natural driving style is an important factor on selecting the right model....
    "Welcome to the World of Bullet"

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1500 kms completed on my Electra UCE.. enjoy riding it.. only problem of tappet/engine noise was present, but was solved in 1st service.

    ReplyDelete
  4. tell me about meilage sir.... as i am student ... meilage is what i am worried about... i am a die hard fan of bullet...... please tell me ??? waiting 4 ur reply...........thanxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The mileage of Bullet Electra 350 is around 38-40 kms/ litre. Classic's mileage is also almost the same but some may say that it is about a km less. If you are around 6 ft tall, then go for Electra 350. For those who are not very tall Classic 350 is a better choice. I have booked Electra 350 bcos of its cherry colour, better height and also bcos unlike Classic 350 it is called a 'Bullet 350'. The new metallic design is also very appealing. Gopal Pathak.

    ReplyDelete