Friday, April 20, 2012

Deciding on a Royal Enfield

When It came to buying a new bike it was Royal Enfield what my heart said, still my head made me check every other option available atlast my hear won and then....

I visited the nearest showroom "Classic Bikes" located at Ambattur Industrial Estate, Chennai. I was recieved by Mr. Sudar, a sales guy with pretty decent knowledge on Bullets I clearly told him that I'm here only for my passion and I want to consider a Royal Enfield for my Next Bike, then came which model of Royal Enfield, offlate I had nice association with Thunderbird TBTS, so I told him "might be thunderbird but I'm not sure"... He suggested me to testdrive all the models so that I get a better picture, So I started with Royal Enfield Electra, it had nice feel of Regular Bullets, then I drove the Thunderbird, as usual the majestic cruiser Feel and then I drove the Classic 500, oops what a bike, it gave a new perception to Royal Enfield, very minimal Vibrations, Slow Thump which I like and the way it pulled me just could never believe it.....

Now my expectations on a Royal Enfield Increased....I felt the Sound of Thunderbird and Electra were more, then he showed the up swept silencer and told me that the stock silencer will give a soft thump, and even arranged to show me that. Then on Vibrations, I felt Thunderbird Vibrated more than Electra & Classic... For this he replied "Sir, Any Royal Enfield Vibrates but we are there and would see to it that it vibrates a lot less" This started instilling confidence in me and I have also heard from Couple of Friends that their Service Centre is does a very good job.

Now I wanted to buy a Classic 500, but my affordability could reach a max to only Classic 350 or Thunderbird TBTS..... So I thought I will try Classic 350 but unfortunately he didn't have one for test drive but he told that Classic 350 will not be like Classic 500 for reasons of extra power and Fuel Injection System, and on personal front he offered me that given some time he would try let me know where I can find a Test Drive,  I later left the showroom stating to see If I could make-up the Financial gap between 350 & 500. Something more which I learnt was the Classic Series seemed more easy to handle in city than Thunderbird TBTS.

At this point my head & heart uninimously decided on a Royal Enfield... Now the question comes which Model.. Thunderbird Twinspark or Classic 350 or Electra Twinspark, all with the same 350cc UCE Engine, with variation in Drive feel and even the tech aspects were almost same but for few factors like Headlamp, Tyres, Handlebars.. which I will eloborate ASAP, on Cosmetic front all the models are totally different... again now Practicality says the brain and Styling says the Heart... Let me see what I do...


6 comments:

  1. hopeflly I will improve my knowledge on *bullets* by reading ur blogs
    great start brother!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sure, will make it more informative on coming days

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Royal Enfield Bullet was originally a British overhead valve single cylinder four-stroke motorcycle. This bike has a royal look also. This is very much famous.
    Royal Enfield Bullet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey guys i am from maharashtra i was book my bullet electra twinspark this month. Firstly i was very confiused which model is suitable for me because i want bullet old look with some modern style and also suit for my personality because my height is 6.1 so i want some great suit for me because i dont like sport bike after that i decide to buy royal endfield .so please give me suggesion that my selection of bullet electra 350 is correct ........th you.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mr. Patil, I am 6 feet 4 inches in height and I use Electra for my city commute everyday. Its drives as breeze....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Suresh, you have done a very appreciable blog. It was nice reading through all the stuffs that you have penned here.
    Bro, I am confused between Electra Twinspark and Classic 350. Bulbs of Electra can be changed. But my doubt is if 3.25" tires of Electra would significantly lessen the 'handling' than Classic? If its by just a negligible margin, it would not matter. Please help me on this matter.

    Also, whats the benefit of having 19" tires than 18" ?
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete