Friday, April 27, 2012

Headlights for my Bullet Electra

Somehow, I started enjoying this waiting period of Royal Enfield, its giving me more time to study it better. Meanwhile I'm not happy with the 35W / 35W headlamp that comes in stock with Electra, the 12V, 14 Ah battery can support a better headlamp like 60W / 55W halogen, since the Classic 350 has this definition in their stock bulbs. 

If RE would have given me an option of 60W / 55W or a higher capacity headlamp, I would have been more than happy to pick it up, since this upgrade is not as simple as it appears to be. Even though the battery has enough energy, the wiring should support and if the wiring supports then we should find a bulb to fits into the stock holder and it should get accommodate in the stock dome. A positive happening of all these also will just get you a better headlight but the output might not be the level u had accepted. So a good upgrade starts in selecting Output Bulbs first and getting everything including the dome, reflector, holder, Wiring changed or altered as necessary to get the desired output and as well not to forget the parts played by relays to save the burn-outs.

Anyways since RE doesn't give me an option of upgrade on Headlights, I will have to work something on it, will be talking to a Service Engineer on this and will post on the same.

Let me put on a page on upgrades and customisation where I will share my knowledge on some technical upgrades and some specific convinence based customisation but don't expect a cosmetic makeover, since I'm a die-hard fan of  Royal Enfield's stock shape and syle.

Some of the bikes that captured my eyes in Swiss
Couple of bikes in Swiss
The Vespa I saw in Swiss

3 comments: